The Jacksonville Area can easily fill multiple days with activities and things to discover. Below is a list to help you get started!
Here for one day?
- Stop by the Eli Bridge Ferris Wheel for a picture in Community Park
- Do the Underground Railroad self-guided driving tour and end out at Woodlawn farm for a guided tour of the farm.
- Lunch at Mulligan’s
- Splash around at the Play for all Park
- Walk our historic downtown and visit locally owned stores on the “The Arts Corner” (Just Fair Trade, Our Town Books, Eclectic Arts)
- Cool off at the Frozen Penguin
- Enjoy the end of your day with the Looking for Lincoln Audio Tour
- Don’t forget dinner before you leave: Eat pizza at the locally famous Leo’s Pizza
Here for two days?
- Start your second morning off with a delicious breakfast from Norma’s North Star Cafe
- Then head over to Governor Duncan Mansion for a tour. Take a little while to play at Duncan park
- Visit the Jacksonville historic district and take part in our self-guided Historical Homes Walking Tour
- Make some time for lunch at Annabel Lee’s Tea Room and finish with some antiquing in the Transfer Company Shops
- Take a tour of our WallDog Murals downtown
- Do some shopping downtown in the square and at the Lincoln Square Shopping Center
- Catch a round of golf at Northridge or The Links
- Stop by the Irish Toad for drinks
- Finish the evening with dinner at Muggsy’s
- Spend the night at Blessings On State Bed & Breakfast, located in the heart of the historic district.
- Check out the David Strawn Art Gallery
- Catch one of the local theatre or music events
- Have dinner at Lonzerotti’s, located in a restored train depot